Dwarf puffer parasites

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
i have a 10 gallon tank with 3golden wonder killifish, 5 bumblebee gobies, and 6 dwarf puffers, 3of the dwarf puffers i got today and they are very thin, im using api general cure and when i read the directions, it said add in one packet per 10 gallons, wait 48 hours then add in more, but does it mean add in more without removing the rest so id have 2 packets in? Thanks

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Only add more if they dont look better in 2 days btw they may not be eating puffers can be hard to feed throw in some tiny clams or snails

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
This pet store, though extremely good, has a high amount of livestock because people buy products online, but only buy livestock in person and, as such, they might not have noted they weren’t eating, I mean the pufferfish poop isn’t white or stringy so idk, I’m sure general cure won’t harm them though

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
This pet store, though extremely good, has a high amount of livestock because people buy products online, but only buy livestock in person and, as such, they might not have noted they weren’t eating, I mean the pufferfish poop isn’t white or stringy so idk, I’m sure general cure won’t harm them though
Yah thts fine its good to do tht anyway cause u never know

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
i have a 10 gallon tank with 3golden wonder killifish, 5 bumblebee gobies, and 6 dwarf puffers, 3of the dwarf puffers i got today and they are very thin, im using api general cure and when i read the directions, it said add in one packet per 10 gallons, wait 48 hours then add in more, but does it mean add in more without removing the rest so id have 2 packets in? Thanks
The medications degrades over time, therefore, you add in the same dosage after 48 hours in order to maintain the correct dosage of the medication. (In this instance it's the metronidazole that degrades.) What I do in this instance and do a 25%-50% water change on day 3, add in water conditioner for the new water, wait 1-2 hours (the longer the better), and then add in the full dosage of the medication. So it looks like this:

day 1 - api general full dosage
day 2
day 3 - 25%-50% water change, add water conditioner, wait 1-2 hours, add in api general cure full dosage
day 4
day 5 - repeat day 3 instructions

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store