easiest piranha to keep

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
i'm wondering wich piranha are easiest to keep?

blacklabel_1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
some where over the rainbow
i got 6 x 2.5in+ last week or so and are doing great... still have all of them! the group just made a pecking order a few days ago. but i wouldent get any that are small, i got 1 inchers for a buck or buck fifty a pice and they didnt make it. payed 7 fifty a pice for the bigger ones and they all are doing good, dont have much exp though so i can just give my personal exp.

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
i got 6 x 2.5in+ last week or so and are doing great... still have all of them! the group just made a pecking order a few days ago. but i wouldent get any that are small, i got 1 inchers for a buck or buck fifty a pice and they didnt make it. payed 7 fifty a pice for the bigger ones and they all are doing good, dont have much exp though so i can just give my personal exp.
what kind are they?

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Generally all piranha are easy to keep. If this is your first time owning fish I would suggest Red bellies as they are common and cheap. The other species can get kind of pricey.

The only P I would not suggest is a Manuellii as from what I hear they are rather diffiult to keep for an extended period of time and seem to die for no reason.

BHTHOMAS83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2006
DECATUR,IN
I HAVE 4 RED BELLIED P'S BOUGHT THEM FOR 4 BUCKS APIECE AT ABOUT 3/4IN HAD THEM ABOUT A MONTH AND HALF AND ARE OVER THE 2 IN MARK JUST FEED THEM 3-4 TIMES A DAY AND KEEP UP AND WATER CHANGES AND THEY WILL GROW FAST OTHER THEN THAT ONE OF THE MOST HARDY FISH IVE EVERY KEPT.

Ruger345

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
Germantown,MD
If its your first time keeping them I would get Red-bellies. Get more than you want to keep, just in case they all don't make it. Nice easy fish to keep.:clap

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
don't red bellies get huge ?

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Giving excellent tank conditions red bellies average around 10" when full grown. Some may get larger, I believe it was guppy who said he had a 12 or 14incher, and some may stay smaller at 8"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store