Eastern Indigo Snakes

c0deblooded

Feeder Fish
Sep 7, 2019
Got these guys recently and just wanted to share. They are quickly becoming a favorite. And the colors for both the male and female are promising. I have read Indigos are said to be smarter than the average snake. Although my female minds her business most of the time I find that my male does like to people watch quite a bit. Cannot wait until they get bigger.

IMG_1858.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Reputation is that very bright, very strong & very active, so make sure the enclosure's got locking doors. They get prettier & prettier as they get bigger/older (if you can imagine - these are stunners) & live for decades.

They're also endangered in the wild, apparently, so make sure yours are captive bred - where'd you get? I know a breeder in the UK.

Reactions: tlindsey

c0deblooded

Feeder Fish
Sep 7, 2019
Hey thanks for the reply. Yep they are threatened in the wild you need a permit to sell across state lines. I got to see the males parents in person so I know the male will be a stunner and the female has tons of potential as well. The male cam from a breeder in PA and the female is from a breeder in TX.

They are def pretty active I am going to upgrade thier cage this summer more than likely(They are in a divided 4x2 at the moment). Watching them eat is especially interesting because of thier unique feeding behavior of "overpowering prey" instead of constricting.

RachVici

Feeder Fish
Jan 19, 2022
It's so cute. Your pet looks beautiful. I admire the coloration of snakes, so for me, these photos are a real visual treat. Watching people have snakes in their homes makes me want to buy a small snake and take care of it. I don't know if this is a good idea because snakes are not precisely ordinary pets after all. I have already read quite a lot of literature about snakes and their way of life. I want to know as much information about them as possible before I decide to get one. First of all, I understand that it is a big responsibility because snakes live a very long. You have to be prepared for a snake to live with you for 10-15 years. If you are thinking about buying snakes, read up on information about pet snakes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store