EBA Tankmates- Catfish

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Hi,

I am finally getting my 55 up and running tomorrow. Still have to cycle, but have a question concerning future tankmates for EBA's. I want to start with some type of cat that will be ok with the EBA's. I thought maybe cory's or Raphael cats. Anyone know about Pitbull Plecos? Supposed to be a smaller species that won't outgrow my tank. I also am considering a pictus cat.

Thanks in advance for your advice, I know you guys out there always have good ideas.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi,

I am finally getting my 55 up and running tomorrow. Still have to cycle, but have a question concerning future tankmates for EBA's. I want to start with some type of cat that will be ok with the EBA's. I thought maybe cory's or Raphael cats. Anyone know about Pitbull Plecos? Supposed to be a smaller species that won't outgrow my tank. I also am considering a pictus cat.

Thanks in advance for your advice, I know you guys out there always have good ideas.

I personally suggest Raphael catfish but if you put ornaments or driftwood they will hide.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I thought they would probably be fine, I will have black sand bottom, I don't know if they like to dig. I want a reasonable size cat and I can get spotted or striped Raphaels up the road from work. Are they best in singles or groups?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I thought they would probably be fine, I will have black sand bottom, I don't know if they like to dig. I want a reasonable size cat and I can get spotted or striped Raphaels up the road from work. Are they best in singles or groups?

I have a striped , spotted and their giant cousin Megalodorus Irwinni that share a 4 inch pvc pipe lol. I suggest atleast 2.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I'd like to see that megaladorus , they were in my tank busters book. That's 2 suggestions for Raphael cats, looks like that may be what I end up with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store