EBJD - Yankeejack and Jexnell Collaboration

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
Hi BabyBlue,
I would guess the count of eggs would be in the hundreds. Maybe an 80%, hatch, but this would be based on how many eggs I saw turn white.

I do cull B/c I just don’t have enough tanks.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Hi BabyBlue,
I would guess the count of eggs would be in the hundreds. Maybe an 80%, hatch, but this would be based on how many eggs I saw turn white.

I do cull B/c I just don’t have enough tanks.
Do you cull based on color and defects? Or the runts?

How many do you plan to raise at a time?

Sorry for all the questions :)

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
The initial cull is based on color. If I leave the BGs in with the EBJDs, the BGs will outcompete the EBJDs and the EBJDs will wither. Thus, at the 3-4 week stage, I start to separate.

As the spawn grows, the runts are easily identified and taken out. (The ones that stay small and just look scrawnier).

I'll raise as many as my tanks and water changes allow :)

Keep the questions coming.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
The initial cull is based on color. If I leave the BGs in with the EBJDs, the BGs will outcompete the EBJDs and the EBJDs will wither. Thus, at the 3-4 week stage, I start to separate.

As the spawn grows, the runts are easily identified and taken out. (The ones that stay small and just look scrawnier).

I'll raise as many as my tanks and water changes allow :)

Keep the questions coming.
Makes sense, I’m sure I will eventually have a ton more questions! Stay tuned lol

And very nice babies btw

Reactions: YankeeJack

AKBlueJacks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
USA
I am amazed at how much black the male has on him in the pictures on page 4. In the first picture of the thread, he has very nice black undertones but you can definitely tell he is an EBJD. On page four he almost looks like a regular colored one.

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store