Ebola round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Don't get pet spoiler started again. it appears she believes that a bunch of immigrants and possible vaccinated adults are the cause and majority of the reported illness and news reporters, journalists ...............
If my post of details & issues I questioned were too "wordy" for you to even read & sort through, then your interpretation of it is pointless.
Fact is, USA was free of the disease.
It is valid to question whether insufficient vaccine courses of NEWLY permitted immigrants are included in the "surveyed statistics" at all, and especially if those kids are being categorized as immunized..without follow-up. most of are NOT tracked for anything.
The question applies to border entries from all directions, not just southern. Too many loopholes to list.
I also mentioned citizens re-entering the US from travel to countries at high risk, and precautionary measures being justified for them.
Really, try fully reading the over-all content instead of misrepresenting 'the points' by making oversimplified generalizations and calling them mine.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I went back and re-read petspoiler's descriptive post. A point taken from that post is people traveling into a country, the USA in this case, are a likely source of a disease like measles. Perhaps not the only source, but a source none the less.

Some come in legally and are documented in some manner. Others come in some other way and may not have a paper trail and may be called undocumented, among other things. Some overstay a legal visa. There is an interesting battle of terminology going on surrounding people in the country in a way that is not legal. I have heard terms such as "illegal alien", Illegal immigrant", "undocumented", "border jumpers" and so on.

One of the more creative terms to me was hearing them described something like "Americans hiding in the shadows" or "Americans in the shadows". Interesting in that a person in a country illegally was referred to in the same way as a citizen.

Please forgive me for going further down a side track and away from the threads topic.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I read them the first time miss and simply asked you to confirm a summary. Twice. Allowing you to redirect anything to make sure everyone's on the same page and not misinterpreting anything. Sorry if that offended you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I read them the first time miss and simply asked you to confirm a summary. Twice. Allowing you to redirect anything to make sure everyone's on the same page and not misinterpreting anything. Sorry if that offended you.
I was not offended at all. only too irritated about the overall subject, so decided to throw in the towel as far as explaining myself about details.
This being in forum, having to mince careful words around anything that could get near politics is more of a pain than it was worth.
so I just came off short instead. it is often my M.O. Nothing personal.
I had also logged in late @night- couldn't sleep...bad timing.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I believe the forum was down when the news came out. It seems that one of the infected survivors of the virus is not clear of the virus after all. Some weeks (months?) after being declared clear of the virus, the virus has been found surviving in one of the man's eyes.

Another bit of datum to be added to the book on ebola. It is not clear to me what this may imply beyond that the understanding of this little beastie is far from complete.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Did I miss something ...has there been a major outbreak recently or is this the usual chicken little daily news banter

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Did I miss something ...has there been a major outbreak recently or is this the usual chicken little daily news banter
Hello; Not an outbreak. It seems one of the doctors previously infected and successfully treated in the USA was having trouble with vision in one eye. When the fluid in that eye was tested it was found to contain the ebola virus. At the time of the article there was not any reported secondary infections known. I think the tears and such were tested and found negative.

I have not seen any follow up since that report. I do not know much more than this at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store