Eclipse System 12 Aquarium

dredcon

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Thibodaux, LA
I am thinking about getting an Eclipse System 12 Aquarium for my desk at work. Anyone have any experience them good or bad? Any stocking ideas?

Thanks

GoldfishCrazy11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
USA
If the hood malfunctions, your lighting and filtration malfunctions :( . But I say go for it! A school of 6 neons or cardinal tetras and a pair of german blue rams would make a nice setup. You could also do a dwarf shell dweller setup.

tylerbg0101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Western North Carolina
Yeah I think some rams or neons would look awesome. I've used the Eclipse 5 gallon and it worked well. Especially for a desk top tank. Looks great since the filter and light are in the hood.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
i have one and love it. great little tank.

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
I am thinking about getting an Eclipse System 12 Aquarium for my desk at work. Anyone have any experience them good or bad? Any stocking ideas?

Thanks

They scratch VERY easily since they are acrylic, but other than that, it's a very nice aquarium. I like the all in one hood because it saves space, no hoses or filters hanging off the back. The bottom on mine did crack, but i think it was my fault. I put a heavy rock in the tank and it was kind of sharp and it put too much pressure on the bottom.

I'd recommend it :thumbsup:

Take a look at the nano cubes too. IMO they have a much better filtration system and nicer lighting, although there were issues with them cracking. I think they fixed the problem with the newer models. If i were to choose between the eclipse and the nano cube, id go with the nano cube.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store