Eggs collected from the Congo spotted pufffer

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
Update.
finally for the second batch of the eggs collected in October. I have now around 400 fries in 10 gallon tank. They are all healthy and eating infusoria.

here is a video recorded just now

in the local fish store the price is 1498 DKK which is equivalent to 200USD
2AD901A1-3C51-40C7-933A-4C6B49EA3AE9.jpeg

As soon as they get big enough to eat some brine shrimps then I am thinking whether or not giving these all for free to the local store.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Congrats on the fry! Sorry it didn’t go great the first time - it often doesn’t when breeding fish - what’s important is you got it right the next time.
Looking forward to see how they grow!
Fwiw, I’d trade them in for store credit or sell them on your own - these guys are expensive.

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
Thank you deadeye

I don’t know where you are, if you are in europe , I can give you a dozen of them for free. You have helped me a lot with your knowledge and experience.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Thank you deadeye

I don’t know where you are, if you are in europe , I can give you a dozen of them for free. You have helped me a lot with your knowledge and experience.
I’m over in the US, but if I’m ever in Denmark I’ll be sure to hit you up!
I’m learning plenty from you as well - I’ve never kept schoutodini, much less bred them!

Reactions: professorjimjam

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
I’m over in the US, but if I’m ever in Denmark I’ll be sure to hit you up!
I’m learning plenty from you as well - I’ve never kept schoutodini, much less bred them!
schoutodinis are really fun fish to keep. They don’t panic like amazons. They are always calm and interact with human just like dogs. Among many different fishes I had, this one is the most intelligent and fun fish I have.
yeah, please let me know if it happens that you visit denmark. It would be great to meet you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store