Eheim canister emergency parts

kelman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2009
New York, NY
What parts should i have on hand just in case something fail? What other parts is good to have on hand?
i only know i must have an extra bushing shaft on hand.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
What I keep for my Eheim filters are extra o-rings/seals, impeller shaft and an impeller. These are pretty much the basic parts that are considered wear items and will need replacement.

Different models may require some extra stuff depending on how fancy they are so it may be helpful to know which model filter you have if you have specific questions.

TUCCI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2018
Colorado
About 6 yrs ago my Ehiem started leaking at the output 'nub' at the top and I had to take down the entire system and have not run a tank since. Once they leak from that location, there's nothing you can do about it except have a replacement ready to go and who does that.
Fast forward to today, I have designed a 5 gallon bucket canister with an external pump& bulkheads. It's not operational yet but my prototype is fully operational. I will never use an Ehiem again and to answer your question, the parts you need to have on hand is a complete replacement other than that cheap piece of plastic garbage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store