Electric blue acara with angelfish

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
I say put in the Acara. Just one though. It'll make your tank pop with some more color, as they are very nice looking fish. A pair might cause a bit of aggression. It depends on the pair as well. They may mess with the angels or each other if you end up with a pair. GL

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I would not keep Andinocara with Angels, they are not found together in the same type waters in nature , or geographacally, and the long fin trailers on angels would be very tempting to bite off. (of course I am a geographical purist about my tanks)
But also Angels are soft to neutral water Amazonian species, while Andinoacara species are from more alkaline, harder waters on the west side of the Andes and the Northern side of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountain range, east to northern Venezuela and the island of Trinidad, and 1 species into Central America.
If you do keep them together, I hope you continue to update. I'd be glad to be proven wrong about having fin trailers shortened.

Benthebassmaster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2021
Now I have kept the angelfish for about 2 to three months. Would it still be fine to add an electric blue acara

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store