Electric current in water?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
if you can keep the heater top out of the water, it might last longer...
I wish!! I keep my heater tops out of water as it is and turn them off for water changes but it seems I’m lucky if I get longer than a year from one.

Pretty sure my fish tank box equipment is mostly broken heaters lol

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I keep my heater tops out of water as it is and turn them off for water changes but it seems I’m lucky if I get longer than a year from one.
Are you turning the dial up and down to do water changes or the heater you use actually has and on off?
I find it better that once the temperature is set to just unplug the heater before a water change.

But, I set my heaters low in the water so that I can do a water change without affecting the heater.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Are you turning the dial up and down to do water changes or the heater you use actually has and on off?
I find it better that once the temperature is set to just unplug the heater before a water change.

But, I set my heaters low in the water so that I can do a water change without affecting the heater.
I leave my heaters set to a temperature and just unplug them when I do a water change.

I usually do 80-90% water changes and would have to keep the heaters very low in the tank if I wanted to leave them plugged in during a water change and I don’t want to do that bc the lower part of the tank is where my JDs spend most of their time and the heaters would be more at risk of damage from a jd hitting them that low in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store