Electric Pink Jack Dempsey

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
I just got this guy last week and I have to say that it is a neat looking little fish, I never seen these available in my area until recently, have any of you guys seen them available were you live? and are they weak like the Electric blues?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Wow, I have not seen one like it before. I hope you’ll keep the post updated as it grows. I’d be very interested to see how to turns out.

Reactions: Niki_up

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
Wow, I have not seen one like it before. I hope you’ll keep the post updated as it grows. I’d be very interested to see how to turns out.
Thanks I will, I hope it is hardier than the Electric Blues

Reactions: MrsE88

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I just got this guy last week and I have to say that it is a neat looking little fish, I never seen these available in my area until recently, have any of you guys seen them available were you live? and are they weak like the Electric blues?
Interesting, AKBlueJacks AKBlueJacks might have some insight

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I believe that is the same morph called "Platinum" here. I found some on a site with the same looks and asked YankeeJack YankeeJack about them. He said it was the "Platinum" morph.

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
I believe that is the same morph called "Platinum" here. I found some on a site with the same looks and asked YankeeJack YankeeJack about them. He said it was the "Platinum" morph.
Interesting, it could be the same fish, my guy does seem to have a lot more blue coloring on him than the platinums they were selling at the same store, they could've just picked out the ones with more blue on them and sold them as electric pinks to fetch more $$

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
I wonder if the store had some golds and platinums. The platinums (I've heard them called electric pink) have more blue.

Here are some comparisons: The first pic is of a Platinum.

The second pic has an EB and a Gold (I've heard Gold referred to as Pink).

Your Platinum has some really nice spangling!

20180221-Plat Female.png Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 10.15.51 PM.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store