Info on Ray Emergency/Help needed (Sticky Thread)
Now after doing the above actions, when posting a thread looking for help or have you an emergency, please fill out the following information to inform us how to help you better. We here are stingray keepers and with as much information as we can gather, the better we can assist.Before you begin filling out questions, please do the following:
(to resolve most problems, they can or will consist of doing just this action first)
A. Take at least 2 cups of water out of your tank and set aside.
B. Do 30% water change
C. Test water twice
......................first time with the two cups you took out
......................second, test water now in the tank after you have completed your water change….
Write info down. You will need this info for us to help you better.
Please copy and post this information when asking for assistance. This will help us help you solve any/most issues you may be having and save time asking all this info. It is important you fill out as much information you can, so we may help you faster and get the care your ray(s) need asap.Fill in info:
Problem you are having:
2. What type of test kit are you using?
3. Old and New water: Readings are?
..............................OLD ........./........ NEW
4. Water temp?
5. What is your water change schedule (how often and how much)
Tank setup info:
6. Type and depth of substrate?
7. How long has your tank been set up?
8. Method of aeration of water
9. When was the last time you cleaned tank and substrate?
10. What size tank do you have? (gallons/liters and footprint)
11. What type of filtration are you using in your tank?
Please post picture of your tank ray is housed in. (if able, this helps us see your tank set up and rays living conditions)
Tankmates and general info :
12. Tankmates and size of tankmates?
13. What and how often do the ray(s) eat and last time fed?
14. How long have you been keeping rays?
15. How old are your ray(s) and sex (age, male or female)?
16. How big is your ray(s)?