Emergency HELP!!!!!!

PMK

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2006
Doing water changes
I just talk to this guy that who has a 300 gallon tank that hes selling for $100 bucks Im going to see it today. . He says its been sitting in his garage for about 1-2 years which means like 4-5 years probably who knows. But what i was wondering is how hard is it to reseal a tank. I have never resealed a tank before and would like to know how hard it is.

IM going to see it after work so please let me know if its a tough job to do or a good deal?

johnnylaw1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
Indianapolis, Indiana
its not tough. i did it once. The seal held with no problem. The price is right, if you dont feel comfortable doing it, im sure there is some one at an lfs that would do it for a fee. i would go for the deal if it looks good. good luck

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
If it is glass, you have to remove the old silicone because new silicone wont adhere to old silicone. It will be difficult in the sense that a 300 gallon tank will have very heavy glass panels so that is a challenge. If it is acrylic, then it will be easy because the solvent will weld it and it will be like new.

eh1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2005
*indiana*
easy as can be just take your time and if you don't buy that tank i am going to come out there and kick your butt

what a steal

mike

PMK

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2006
Doing water changes
It is acrylic. So i would just have to add the solveant let it dry for a few days and thats it? I dont have to remove the old sealer? Thank you for the quick response

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
PMK;638376; said:
It is acrylic. So i would just have to add the solveant let it dry for a few days and thats it? I dont have to remove the old sealer? Thank you for the quick response

I will give you 200 bucks for it sight un seen(acrylic)

PMK

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2006
Doing water changes
Im going to check it out tonight Im 99% sure im going to buy it. Anything I should look for in a used large tank that may be a bad sign?

PMK

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2006
Doing water changes
What would be a deep scartch? Its sounds dumb but how deep would be too deep of a scracth? Like i can put my fingernail in it? or a nickel fits in the scracth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store