Jan 22, 2021
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
Barely anything
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My knife has been stressed for a few days now and after a 50% water change and some meds is now really worrying me he is heavy breathing twitching and isn't acting well he wont hide and slowly moves back and forth at the front of the tank PLEASE HELP

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My knife has been stressed for a few days now and after a 50% water change and some meds is now really worrying me he is heavy breathing twitching and isn't acting well he wont hide and slowly moves back and forth at the front of the tank PLEASE HELP
Welcome aboard

What's are you treating the Gold Clown Knife for and what is the med. Also we need to know how long the aquarium been running. It's sounds like your aquarium parameters are off because you stated barely for Nitrate.

Spinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2021
Welcome aboard

What's are you treating the Gold Clown Knife for and what is the med. Also we need to know how long the aquarium been running. It's sounds like your aquarium parameters are off because you stated barely for Nitrate.
The tank has been running for 4 years

Spinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2021
Well I added 3 ml of all three meds
I expected some stress but I was worried primarily because he went from going crazy for food to suddenly stopping and will only swim in the open my guess was the fire eel with him could be causing issues but the worst I've seen is the occasional shove out of hides they are in a 65 cube

Spinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2021
At this moment he is swimming freely and not acting quite as bad but we'll see in the morning thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Think increase ur water changes. Try not to overfeed. Keep ur nitrates low but make sure ur tank is cycled. I’d be cautious if adding 3 meds to a sick or stressed fish. Glad to hear it’s doing better.

Spinner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2021
Good news he has survived till this morning but I believe th root of his problem is the tank mate I caught them getting into a huge fight this morning and also I'm sure the meds didnt help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store