EMERGENCY : white stuff on RTGG

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
i brought a red tail giant gourami 2 days ago, and i noticed it got white stuff on its fin and its lips. and i also saw that some scales are kinda off on the head. What is it??? :confused: how can i treat it???? i dont wanna loose anymore fish after my lose of 5 clown loaches :cry: HELP thanks...

DSC01642.JPG

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
after searchin for pics on anchor worm... it seems its not anchor worm even though my pic kinda looks like that, but thats a bad quality pic... it looks more like big ich blobs... im pretty sure its not ich though, ichs have smaller dots...

foodandfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
fishland
im pretty sure its fungus. try some pimafix to heal cottony growth. Also raise the temp and salt levels to prevent secondary infections

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
pimafix, no idea wat that is, gotta get some of those from local petstores. salt, will the salt that makes saltwater do? or table salt? or does it have to be "Aquarium Salt" that they sell in blue cartons?

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
that sucks!!! it is easy to treat though. when i had parasites, i started to bug out but it cleared on one week after using pimafix

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store