EMERGENCY

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
oh dear. i hope you've got enough buckets or containers to temporary house your fish. remember to cover the bucket for your arowana as they are good jumpers. lost my baby silver when it jumped out of my uncovered fiber tank.

good luck.

The Happy Mud Skipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
Banff, Canada
this happened to me last weekend.(my basement flooded)...........all I did was fill my bath tub up with water and put about two cups of bleach in it. After about four hours I drained the water. This made the bath Tub pritty darn steril. I then filled the Bath Tubb almost completely with tap water and then put 8 gallons of my fishtank water into the bath tub. My 14" arowana and five of my bichirs stayed in it for three days and did fine. Theier tank in the basement is only thing that needs cleaning now.

I also hooked up my Air rater and my magnum 350 in the bathroom to keep the water in livable conditions

jlandrum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
California
joel said:
it supposed to flood real bad by me tonight. My tanks are in the basement and it will flood down there. i have a small tank for my little guys, but not for my larger fish. they are still small too. any suggestions what i can put them in for now. i'll never be able to get the tanks out of the basement by myself. the largest of my fish is an 8 inch arowana. I'll just use my filters and heaters i have now, but i need some sort of container for the fish. any suggestions please. :help2:

Double up some garbage bags and throw in a bubbler - should last a while.

Capo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
Hey thats good to hear! When i was thinking of floods, is it that your whole house floods? how is it that your basement is the only place that floods? wouldnt your lounge and bedrooms etc get flooded too? (basements are indoors right?, just underground?)

boredcpl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
lawrencburg,indiana
Capo said:
Hey thats good to hear! When i was thinking of floods, is it that your whole house floods? how is it that your basement is the only place that floods? wouldnt your lounge and bedrooms etc get flooded too? (basements are indoors right?, just underground?)
water can seep through the walls or even come up through the floor.. and if it comes through your up stairs doors your basement is a pool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store