Emperor snakehead i.d HELP

srruf

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hi i bought these baby snakeheads as channa maruloids emperors but i think they may be channa marulius bullseyes snakehead? There only about 3inch atm so hard to tell

Screenshot_20211009-231255_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-231321_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211009-231330_Gallery.jpg

BreezyEcho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2021
That must be Marulioides, I got at the same size as yours at 3 month ago, now he's around 7" Eats a lot&very aggressive! ?
Just try to remind you, dont forget to close your tank lid tight, because SH are ninja (great at escaping&jumping) ?
IMG_20211013_213948.jpgIMG_20211013_213808.jpg

Reactions: srruf

srruf

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2017
Nice! Thanks for the warning iv actually just covered a small opening just incase. Yh i have 3 together at the moment in a 7x2 tank if they get too aggressive towards each other i have friends who can take 1 or 2 in. Eating like pigs on hikari cichlid pellet and live mealworms. Kind of hoping 2 will pair off in the future

BreezyEcho

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2021
Just carefull there, as far as I know about SH they'll get aggressive towards same species(usually there will be the strongest one will bully the others)/other species, but thats all depends by the individuals.

I've experienced that before, that time I was giving that guy?(which still at 3") a saddled bichir (endlicheri) size 4" as tank mate, but in the morning I found that endli beaten up and dying :jaw-dropp , fortunately I move endli at quarantine tank and giving lots of care so endli saved from death and still healthy till now. :lol2:

Also.... I'd like to remind you that if 2 of them getting paired, I suggest you move the other fishes to another tank and leave the tank only that pair (since the agression will be maxed out). :headbang2

I'll also want to share a bit about my SH diets (I also did same with my other predator fishes), I feed my them with MW, frozen shrimp, Night Crawlers, Crickets (with a rotating schedule) . I also gutload them with leftover veggies (cucumber, lettuce, peas, etc) and sometimes spirulina powders before i feed it to my fishes for their nutrition needs and color boost.

Good Luck Mate! :cheers:

Reactions: Deadeye

srruf

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hi thanks for the info i think im prepared for whatever happens i have multiple tanks and friends who can take one in. I have 3 golden tinfoil barbs as a clean up crew? not too worried about them tbh but should be fine

Reactions: BreezyEcho

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi thanks for the info i think im prepared for whatever happens i have multiple tanks and friends who can take one in. I have 3 golden tinfoil barbs as a clean up crew? not too worried about them tbh but should be fine
Bro the tinfoil barbs would get eaten up wont they

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store