Ended up re-doing my tank today

rabbithearted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I was out walking my dog through the paths in the woods behind our house and was seeing all these big rocks and ended up heading home and grabbing some bags and collecting all the rocks. So after scrubbing them in cold water and then hot water and then boiling them and letting them sit in hot water after that, they are now in the tank. :D I really like it, I kind of want to find more rocks to add to it a little but for now. I really wish I could do real plants in it but I know Hedwig (my oscar) would be ripping them out all the time. Ignore my cat in the one, he loves getting in the way of everything you try and do. I will be getting a black background in the next few days so it will look much better then, no cords and orange walls. :)

DSC_1210.JPG

DSC_1227.JPG

DSC_1219.JPG

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
paint that background black and add some drift wood and your in business ,it looks nice ,for what you have so far.well done:)

rabbithearted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Thanks guys :) Any recommendations on where to buy the driftwood? The LFS doesn't have any and I've never seen drift at the chain stores.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Thanks guys :) Any recommendations on where to buy the driftwood? The LFS doesn't have any and I've never seen drift at the chain stores.
Your local river or stream sells the best wood lol.

rabbithearted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
haha well yes, but I live in an area that was all GM and other car factories that used to dump in the rivers and the lake by us, so I don't want to poison my fish and end up with some 3 eyed fish or something. It was years ago but still makes me nervous. Maybe there will have to be a trip to Lake Michigan or something.

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
I'm thinking about ordering some for here.http://www.azgardens.com/c-22-aquarium-driftwood.aspx They will even find special styles for you if your looking for somthing particular. Im lucky one of my lfs sells amazing pieces. I just grabbed a real nice piece last weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store