endli and lap varients with pics :)

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Nice pics jaws!

So I got my wild caught Dabola endli a few weeks after jaws, also from Toyin at Rehoboth Aquatics. He calls them Polypterus endlicheri "Dabola" (Tinkisso River)

Mine is still settling in so color is not there yet, but leaning toward the tan coloration.
One noticeable characteristic is the elongated head, from the gill to snout definitely longer looking than a typical endli. Very wide, flat head with an incredibly large mouth on it. I purchased a sp. Koliba lap at the same time and while both are similar in length the endli has a much larger body mass and a very large head.

Same fish but a slightly different pattern than jaws endli, again mine has not colored up yet and in quarantine still.

Reactions: jaws7777 and moe214

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Some pics of the Endlicheri Daabola after being out of qt for a couple of weeks.

madrezz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
JKT-INA
Is there any possibility to recognize endlicheri variant, without knowing they parents (Captive Breed)?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Updated pics of my Dabola Endli from Toyin. Super fast growth rate with the fish coming in at 13.5" and just one month goes by and it is up to 15"! It is housed in a 300g (96 x 24 x 30) with a Sp Koliba lap (WC), Weeksii (WC), teugelsi (CB). This endli is extremely territorial and aggressive compared to my others. It chases off the other bichirs from its special spot and it bites them. A very outgoing fish that I could likely hand feed with a little effort. It will come up and surface feed on pellets too.

Here is my 'Croc'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store