Endli mount (dead fish pictures)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Can we expect the peacock bass mount coming?.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
OTp1144 OTp1144 , this is an awesome idea! only problem with it is that I want to get my fish taxidermized now too. Your 18" Endli will live on forever! very cool idea and great finished product! How fast do you have to act on it? How did you preserve her before giving her to the taxidermy people?

J jaws7777 , you should totally do this with Spike!

Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
OTp1144 OTp1144 , this is an awesome idea! only problem with it is that I want to get my fish taxidermized now too. Your 18" Endli will live on forever! very cool idea and great finished product! How fast do you have to act on it? How did you preserve her before giving her to the taxidermy people?

J jaws7777 , you should totally do this with Spike!
Def gonna look into this. But not for 350 lol

OTp1144 OTp1144 i remember the original thread but thx for posting. Thats an awesome idea !

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
I kinda feel the same way! I'd love to have my 24" red tail on the wall. but he's still alive and happy. and i'd rather have a 48" red tail on the wall. :p

I froze her right away. The process this taxidermist told me was to leave her in the water so the skin stays moist. (I had to soak her for about 2 hours because she had jumped and dried out) Then wrap in a moist/damp towel and freeze. This maintains the integrity of the skin/scales and makes it easier for them to do a skin mount.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I kinda feel the same way! I'd love to have my 24" red tail on the wall. but he's still alive and happy. and i'd rather have a 48" red tail on the wall. :p

I froze her right away. The process this taxidermist told me was to leave her in the water so the skin stays moist. (I had to soak her for about 2 hours because she had jumped and dried out) Then wrap in a moist/damp towel and freeze. This maintains the integrity of the skin/scales and makes it easier for them to do a skin mount.
oops. Mine has been sitting in water for 3 days...I dont know why I didn't freeze it like we did with the dead animals when I worked at an aquarium.
Do you think they could still taxidermize it if I let it soak? or would it turn out like this?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
oops. Mine has been sitting in water for 3 days...I dont know why I didn't freeze it like we did with the dead animals when I worked at an aquarium.
Do you think they could still taxidermize it if I let it soak? or would it turn out like this?
I can't breathe

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

I froze the del right away. Will it still work ?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
nevermind, I'm not allowed lol. Anyhow, thanks for inspiring us for ideas for the future with our favorite fish!

thanks for sharing the pics and process for those of us who want to do this in the future :) Wonderful idea.

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
that....that is terrifying! make it stop!!

if the body and skin is still in good condition you should be able to still freeze it okay. I'd say call up your local taxidermist and see how they want you to do it. If it's still wet and you're dead set on doing it and work out a price, you might be able to bring it over still wet wrapped in a towel which would make it easier on the taxidermist (no thawing)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store