Ermagherd, Discus Spawning!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thank you kindly, we are doing our best with them, but are still pretty inexperienced with fish. I am absolutely in love with discus, they are an amazing little genus.

You my friend are past the inexperienced stage of fish keeping lol. I personally don't keep Discus but like them. The water in my city is hard out of the tap actually perfect for African lake Malawian Cichlids.

Reactions: Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Potatoland
hoboflyfishing.com
You my friend are past the inexperienced stage of fish keeping lol. I personally don't keep Discus but like them. The water in my city is hard out of the tap actually perfect for African lake Malawian Cichlids.
I have kept and bred a lot of species of reptiles so I had a leg up. I really love keeping freshwater aquarium fish, it has been very rewarding over the last year. Someday I may work with coral, but right now I love discus and a few of the new world predator cichlids a lot. Considering Nandopsis grammodes.

Your support, and that of Chicxulub Chicxulub mean a lot to me. Thanks very much.

Our water is somewhat soft out of the tap and I have an RO machine for drinking water, so we were able to get it down around 60ppm tds to facilitate this hatch without much fuss.

The gf really wants to start a Malawi tank, thinking maybe peacocks to start?

Jeremy Anderson

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Potatoland
hoboflyfishing.com
We have 10 viable fry in the 75 gal, moved the pair to a 40 breeder, pic follows
EEF7308D-7738-439B-AF00-F2FAF814518D.jpeg
Male is the snakeskin in front, female is a pigeon from a Fiamma Rossa line, Kurt Russell and DeeDee Bridgewater, respectively.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store