Erythrinus Sp. Peru

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I found sp. "Peru" to be a bit more sedentary, though that might've been because the fish was rather large and old. They're also slightly less violent to conspecifics and tankmates, if given ample space IME, but again, that could've been due to my fish being an older LTC adult.
I personally like them more than erythrinus; they just feel slightly different in personality and demeanor.
Good luck with yours!
They're definitely curious fish. They seem to stare back at me if I'm infront of the tank.

tetroid

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
Salish Sea
The seller is pretty legit. He works with Below Water here in Canada and sells quite the variety of fish. These wolves def look different from the usual Ery I'll agree, tbh I got a little too excited when they arrived because I thought he shipped me Snakeheads by accident lol
This wouldn't be the erythrinus variety that Belowwater brought in from the Rio Amaya in Peru would it? The fish that Oscar Lucanus posted in his video is much redder, but he wasn't sure if it would keep its colour. The dark spot on its tail is similar to the one on the tail of yours, but the patterning is totally different. The patterning on yours more closely resembles erythrinus sp. tahuayo river (also peru).

Reactions: Deadeye

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
This wouldn't be the erythrinus variety that Belowwater brought in from the Rio Amaya in Peru would it? The fish that Oscar Lucanus posted in his video is much redder, but he wasn't sure if it would keep its colour. The dark spot on its tail is similar to the one on the tail of yours, but the patterning is totally different. The patterning on yours more closely resembles erythrinus sp. tahuayo river (also peru).
It's likely from BelowWater, the seller usually buys from them for their imports

Reactions: tetroid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store