Ethics in fishkeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhuegel1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2011
Frederick MD
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
Man created God. Man made God say this as leverage for our neverending desire to destroy what isn't Man. Convenient isn't it.

"Rule over" and "manipulate" are different.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jojocircus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
Minnesota
Is their anything wrong with eating a fish that gets too big for your tank? It opens up more variety and completes the food chain....

Sent from my SGH-T499 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
Is their anything wrong with eating a fish that gets too big for your tank? It opens up more variety and completes the food chain....

Sent from my SGH-T499 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
there will never be a decision on this touchy subject that people will agree to. People raise their own food animals all the time, its accepted and common. If you buy the animal as a pet, its wrong. If you bought the animals as an animal to raise for consumption, thats different. Most people will see these species as only pets so not many people will agree that it is ethical and acceptable to raise and eat these fish

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Closing this thread due to complaints of personal attacks and people bringing religion into the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store