Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Every Fish + Dog lover needs one of these...

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by islandguy11, Nov 7, 2018.

1. white specter crayfish

white specter crayfish MFK Probation Members

Jeffrey
      Yesterday at 9:01 PM
      Nice tank, what's in there aside from the peacock bass?

islandguy11 likes this.
    2. islandguy11

islandguy11 Piranha

Barrett
      Yesterday at 9:16 PM
      Thx WSC, as mentioned it's a work in progress and I need to make some decisions soon. The tank currently has a Flagtail, a Datnoid (NTT), 4 Bala Sharks and 1 Mono Peacock Bass -- all juvies.

Frankly though, the PB is on probation -- he's being a jerk to my friendly Flagtail (who is the best tank cleaner I've ever seen and I really like him). So in fact the PB might be going back to my local monster fish shop -- but this also depends on whether I decide to get a new Asian Arowana next week when a breeder brings some new 11-12" stunners from farm to shop. If I decide to get one then I've got to decide whether to put it in the 375g teak wood tank pictured or maybe buy a new tank just for the Aro (I've got a spare unused 85 gallon but that's too small).

Anyway I've got a thread in General Aquarium Discussion about this teak wood tank that I need to update, as more appropriate than this 'Other Pets' sub-forum.

3. J. H.

J. H. Redtail Catfish

pyh
      Today at 12:37 AM
      I think that background is beautiful. II intend to copy it on one of my new tanks (all picos for me now so that's not saying much lol)
      BTW, is that a real moss tree?

islandguy11 likes this.
    4. islandguy11

islandguy11 Piranha

Barrett
      Thx for comments J.H. -- one part of me also quite likes the background but another thinks it's a bit too busy looking (esp. due to all the white lines). There was another tile I really liked but they were out of stock -- I'll probably change in about a month, at which time I will also be curious to see if any waste is getting trapped behind them.

Of course one loses some water volume by using an in-tank tile background but I've got plenty of space for now, the tank is under-stocked and will remain so.

The moss tree is plastic :) just threw it in on a whim, at this point I intend to keep the tank mostly tiled bare bottom.

View attachment 1343360

#14 islandguy11, Nov 8, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    5. Glass Man

Glass Man Feeder Fish

Matt Mealey
      Sunday at 6:13 PM
      Great stand ! our dogs and cats would never come out. The background tile is very cool

islandguy11 likes this.
    6. islandguy11

islandguy11 Piranha

Barrett
      Thx Glass Man, the stand/lids are teak wood so they're actually worth quite a bit more than the aquarium itself (esp. as the glass is not in super shape; the previous owner had some really big limestone rocks in there that scratched it up good in some places).