Exo Terra Tank Worth It?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey everyone, I ve always wanted an exo terra tank and now I have the opportunity to get a 36 x 18 x18 on sale for $165 at the petsmart I work at, and I can top it with my 15% discount to make it about $140 before tax. I think thats probably the cheapest I will find it, even at the local reptile expo.

Do you guys think I should take a jump at it, even if I might not end up using it lol the sale end next month if anyone else is interested for the $165 price.

As for what to go in it, I was thinking a bearded dragon...I would love to get the 36x18x24 exo but we don't carry it.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
If you have the extra money to spend, why not?

I have some spare exos in case I plan to get more herps.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I recently picked up a small 12"x12"x18" exo terra to use for my carnivourous plants and cant complain...

I personally like the way the door opens to compared to others

Xray_chic

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
California
I like the front door access on the Exo Terras. It makes cleaning easier and allows my ball python to slither out onto my hand. I have two, the large one is 18X18X24. It's also very versatile. I've also kept tarantulas and even chicks in them. I usually end up taking the foam back off though because crickets can get into it and hide out.

image.jpg

jason222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2023
It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and financial situation. If you have the money and space to spare, and the desire to own an Exo Terra terrarium, then it could be a good opportunity to take advantage of the sale. Bearded dragons are popular pet reptiles that can be kept in an Exo Terra terrarium of that size, as they require a large enclosure to live comfortably.

However, before making a decision, it would be a good idea to do some research on the specific needs of bearded dragons in terms of enclosure size, lighting, heating, and diet. Bearded dragons require UVB lighting, which is essential for their health, and also need a basking spot that allows them to get warm enough to digest their food properly.

Additionally, you should consider the long-term financial commitment of owning a pet, as bearded dragons can live for several years and require regular veterinary checkups and a variety of food. If you are able to provide a suitable habitat, have the financial means to provide for the dragon's needs and you are ready for the long-term commitment, then it could be a good opportunity to take advantage of the sale.

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
I rate exo terras for the height they offer and convenience of the front doors. However they don't offer much in the way of length. The biggest being 90cm long... which isn't big enough for a bearded dragon.

Below is my mourning gecko exo terra setup. 60cm x 30cm x 30cm. Ignore the first few seconds of the mourning gecko close ups.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store