expensive cats?

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
esoxlucius esoxlucius
In my imagination I have a pet lion. In real life the only cats I have are my plecos and Raphael (and the strays out in the forest) lol

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
it would cost a lot to buy a kitten but from this article i can see that cats are rather cheap to keep per month/year
Yes to purchase a kitten it can cost a lot for the first year, especially to get them fixed. It would probably cost closer to $500-$1000 to get a kitten fixed in Canada. Then if you want a rare cat or a specific breed that can carry heavy costs as well.

I personally don’t enjoy kittens and when ingot my guy he was 3 and already fixed. Older cats have their advantages bc you can see their set personalities, colors, and sometimes their known health problems.

I would rather adopt an older cat than get a kitten:

for my guy I got lucky and he’s pretty healthy and only goes to the vet once a year or once every two years if an emergency happens. His most expensive visit was about $1000.

his monthly food costs more now that he is older, I use to only feed dryfood but now include wet food.He also will not eat expensive dry cat food. $10-$20 per month for fry food and $30-$40 for wet food a month.

cat litter care costs roughly $60-$80 per month in litter, and $20-$30 for litter liners.

he hasn’t ruined furniture really and his cat tree cost me about $200.

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
if i had a expensive cat breed and it had kittens i would probably give them away
it might be a pretty good source of money though if i were to sell them

Reactions: Deadeye and Rtc/tsn

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
it might be a pretty good source of money though if i were to sell them
If half of what I've heard is true...Hahaha...No, better off getting a job at McDonalds if making money is your goal.

And here at least, you can't just breed purebred cats, you need to be a member of the relevant club and be registered before any responsible breeder would even consider selling you a queen.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store