expensive problem

hollywood69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2006
virginia
just seperate if you can, put it in a 55, or something temp just to see! after moving the motoro give it a cpl of days for the stress to wear out, the others should come around.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
would the bullying be obvious? if anything it seems that my humerosa tends to lay on top of the motoro, but it doesnt seem like aggression. they usually stay to themselves.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
if you watch them feed it would be more obvious, the motoro would be getting all the food. if they are new and the motoro is more established, then it might not be necessarily bullying, but just out competing for food

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
still not chomping on anything but blackworms. i have been soaking troutworms in with the blackworms. the good news is the yepezi ate a troutworm, but the retic and humerosa are being aholes. what if i just put krill in there for the next week, and only take out the uneaten after a day or so.

zev

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Boston
I am having the same problem with my hermosa.... she eats blackworms like crazy but does not touch the trout worms. I was just about to post this same question. I am trying the starvation method now and when I feed her trout worms she sucks it in then freaks out and buries herself in the sand leaving the worm in the tank. I will keep trying as well as trying the soaking method.

ps. Another boston area ray keeper......I am in Brighton:nilly: Great looking ray from your other post:)

hollywood69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2006
virginia
retics are funny when i first got my 2 they didn't eat til like 1 1/2 weeks, i thought they were gonners! thats why motoros are by far the easiest rays to keep, i would buy a new motoro and feed it while acclimating! i probally didn't even need to acclimate! just keep trying live blackworms, when mine finally ate i didn't have enough of them

zev

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Boston
Well I have ended the starvation method unsucesfully:( After starving for two days and soaking the worms, my humerosa was able to pick the blackworms out from the troutworms. Even after a long soak with mashed blackworms, very small cuts of troutworms, and a long dining time in the tank.

I am annoyed but will continue to feed blackworms and try again. I am sure something must work, I think I am going to try frozen bloodworms......maybe my humerosa is still to small to take in even small earthworms?

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
im gonna toss mine around like a frisbee if it doesnt shape up and eat it what i tell him to eat. stubborn stingrays can kiss my ***. my tank is on punishment, im implementing a 2 day starvation period.

zev

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
Boston
you let dem rays know whos boss:D Don't take no lip either. I think I am going to try some bloodworms, ect. I just want to see if its the worms or she is only eating blackworms, lets see what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store