Experience watching fish recover from bloat?

Sidney73

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2018
MA
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My beautiful jd is in a sick tank with metronidazole, maracyn oxy and epsom salt. He's 3 1/2 and was showing signs of a bacterial infection a month or so ago and I've learned a ton since then (that I'm overfeeding, not cleaning my tank thoroughly enough, that I should quarantine and treat immediately and not wait until bloat...) Going forward, I'm just in the waiting game. He's still swimming around pretty well and not listless... he's just bloated and stopped eating about 4 days ago. He's definitely a little stressed, his color is off and he's "panting." Does anyone have a success story to share? Signs they saw that their fish was getting better? Just looking for some hope...

IMG_7296.JPEG

IMG_7298.JPEG

IMG_7362.JPEG

IMG_7363.JPEG

Sidney73

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2018
MA
My beautiful jd is in a sick tank with metronidazole, maracyn oxy and epsom salt. He's 3 1/2 and was showing signs of a bacterial infection a month or so ago and I've learned a ton since then (that I'm overfeeding, not cleaning my tank thoroughly enough, that I should quarantine and treat immediately and not wait until bloat...) Going forward, I'm just in the waiting game. He's still swimming around pretty well and not listless... he's just bloated and stopped eating about 4 days ago. He's definitely a little stressed, his color is off and he's "panting." Does anyone have a success story to share? Signs they saw that their fish was getting better? Just looking for some hope...

View attachment 1479665

View attachment 1479666

View attachment 1479667

View attachment 1479668
Young fish die so instantaneously. It’s sad but over before you have a chance to process. This slow decline of an older fish I’ve come to love is so painful. And he’s not even old - I was counting on 10 more years with him. When he does a lap it gives me hope but he’s starting to sit on the bottom more and tilt. I know it’s over but I can’t. What should I do? ? Can I make him more comfortable somehow?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store