Exploding lumps

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
E0BA8243-59B7-4EBA-883B-230667981071.jpeg 2 of my fish get these lumps on their sides. They slowly grow over a week or 2. Then they sort of pop and then it heals in a few days. They look kinda like pimples. My greenie had one on his side for the last week or so with no symptoms other than the lump but today when I checked on him I noticed this new red lump. None of the other fish show anything like them and they’ve all been together for nearly a year. I am slightly worried about the redness in the lump, it’s not like the other previous lumps. If anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this I’d really like to know so I can try to stop it from happening.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have no ideal as can be allot of things, parasite to bacterial to virus. sense more than one experiencing can rule out a cancer. If viral nothing for it, keep fish stress free and water pristine and hopefully fish fight it off but always the chance of reacurance(sp)

I would try treating with Polyguard. It is a broad spectrum and may send your tank into a mini-cycle so watch perams. link below.

http://www.seachem.com/polyguard.php

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store