ChrissFishes01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2021
Kentucky
Looking good! :)
Thank you!

He might like a ball to play with!
He probably would! He always gets into stuff. I love how much flowerhorns interact with their environment - other cichlids do, too, but every flowerhorn I've had has always been a fun "pet".

The pleco has done well so far - he tends to hang out under the sponge filter/on the wood/on the pots. No more aggression from Nanaue, that I've noticed.

FH1 JPEG.jpg

Theos.dad

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2021
I also kept a ball in my tank when mine was younger. I miss when my dude was still agile enough to zip around the tank like a lightning bolt. I've got rocks in with mine but it's much to small for him to attempt to go under it. It mostly there for the smaller guys to hide behind. Plants have been a no for me. Feeding him romaine a couple days a week early on may be why lol.

ChrissFishes01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2021
Kentucky
I also kept a ball in my tank when mine was younger. I miss when my dude was still agile enough to zip around the tank like a lightning bolt. I've got rocks in with mine but it's much to small for him to attempt to go under it. It mostly there for the smaller guys to hide behind. Plants have been a no for me. Feeding him romaine a couple days a week early on may be why lol.
I need to get him a little ping pong ball! He does roll the moss ball around a bit. He spends a lot of time just combing the substrate for morsels of food!

So far, so good on the plants. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Deadeye

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Nanaue looks like mischief...I'd definitely go with a floating ball and some large colorful shooter marbles on the bottom. My fish love rolling those around. A silk vine would give him something to drag around.

ChrissFishes01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2021
Kentucky
Nanaue looks like mischief...I'd definitely go with a floating ball and some large colorful shooter marbles on the bottom. My fish love rolling those around. A silk vine would give him something to drag around.
I'll have to pick some up the next time I think about it! I threw in a couple of game dice, and he's decided those are worth rolling around.

add some pvc tubes, my fire mouth has been hiding in them constantly
He's got the pots and such to hide in when he wants to! He usually just goes behind the sponge filter, lol. I've not seen him in those pots in weeks.

Nanaue 1 JPG.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store