F0+F2=?

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
If a wild-caught f0 fish spawns with a second-generation f2 fish do the babies become first generation f1 or 3rd generation f3?

How do people classify hybrid like red texas or flowerhorn f-0 if they don't naturally occur in the wild?

We assume in the wild a large male may have lockdown on his territory for numerous years. At some point his daughters may come around for a little action. If fry is produced does that strengthen the bloodline and contribute positively to the beneficial traits or could it lead to deformities or undesirable markings etc that you see in the hobby of those who breed brother and sister multiple generations over and over

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I remember reading something about this on the site before. For hobby reasons it is to be labled as a f3 but officially it's considered an f1.

Now my memory is piss poor so I wouldn't rely upon my answer as I could be wrong.

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
For example festae have been one of my favorites for decades. We breed them to have solid continuous bars void of any merging, which some of the wild caught are missing but we always need mix in wild blood to keep bloodline top quality. For a while I referred to them as f1.5. people thought I was trippin, lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store