F1 castexi pups

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Absolutely fantastic I bet your over the moon, hope all go's well . Ray.
Thank you! Very happy. I did lose 2 out of the last batch. I believe it was due to a digital thermometer that went bad. A few days after birth I came down and the whole litter wasn't looking too good. Started checking parameters and all was right. Ended up that my thermometer was reading 4 degrees under actual temp. So the tank was above 86. The other 5 pups came back, but 2 were not so lucky. Still all good. Now running 3 different thermometers on that system. Glad it didn't affect any of my breeders!

netty-ray

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
uk
Thank you! Very happy. I did lose 2 out of the last batch. I believe it was due to a digital thermometer that went bad. A few days after birth I came down and the whole litter wasn't looking too good. Started checking parameters and all was right. Ended up that my thermometer was reading 4 degrees under actual temp. So the tank was above 86. The other 5 pups came back, but 2 were not so lucky. Still all good. Now running 3 different thermometers on that system. Glad it didn't affect any of my breeders!
That's a shame about the loss of the two pups but it happens,hope all the rest are ok?wish you was in uk .thanks Ray.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
That's a shame about the loss of the two pups but it happens,hope all the rest are ok?wish you was in uk .thanks Ray.
Yessir, the rest are great. I have only been able to find a home for one. So I still have 16 pups at the moment. Wish I could ship to your side of the pond. Seems to be more interest in castexis over there. I will try to do an update on all the pups later today or tomorrow. Thanks for your interest man! ?

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
This species is so under rated. Nowadays its all about small rays. When you see a castexi in person you cant help but fall in love with them and they are some of the best rays for a varied and amazing patterns.And when you see one of such a large size in which there capable of reaching there attraction doubles they really are show stoppers. Your doing this species proud and the uk are so missing out on them.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
This species is so under rated. Nowadays its all about small rays. When you see a castexi in person you cant help but fall in love with them and they are some of the best rays for a varied and amazing patterns.And when you see one of such a large size in which there capable of reaching there attraction doubles they really are show stoppers. Your doing this species proud and the uk are so missing out on them.
Thanks so much brother! I feel the same exact way. Especially the part about varied and amazing patterns. At least I have this site to show them to ray lovers like u who dig them. My big female is over 2ft disk and shows no signs of stopping yet. She eats at least 1lb of food a day!

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Thanks so much brother! I feel the same exact way. Especially the part about varied and amazing patterns. At least I have this site to show them to ray lovers like u who dig them. My big female is over 2ft disk and shows no signs of stopping yet. She eats at least 1lb of food a day!
Your female will get 30" minimum my male is around 10 years old and stopped at 29" ob females get bigger.Screenshot_20200227-183813_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20200227-010826_Video Player.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store