F1 Male Dovi 12”+

dgmotors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2022
Looking for one immediately! F1 grade 12”+ Florida. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

086A0C86-C441-4BD6-92FA-D8A76673ADA7.jpeg

Glen70

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2021
Brisbane Australia
Cichlids of the Americas has dovii. Not many vendors sell 12" fish.
Not to be critical but more curious, how big is your tank,? As a 12" Dovii is still only a whipper snaper. Just thinking of animal husbandry, Dovii have the ability to out grow all but the very largest of home aquariums. You may already have this future event covered though.

Reactions: jjohnwm

dgmotors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2022
Not to be critical but more curious, how big is your tank,? As a 12" Dovii is still only a whipper snaper. Just thinking of animal husbandry, Dovii have the ability to out grow all but the very largest of home aquariums. You may already have this future event covered though.
This is just a 120g grow out tank. Dovi will grow out in a 500g with a female alone once I find the right male.

dgmotors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2022
Cichlids of the Americas has dovii. Not many vendors sell 12" fish.
Thanks, I am really hoping to find someone who already owns a beast they can not care for or simply would sell for the right price. I will pay top $ for the right fish.

dgmotors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2022
A 12"+ Dovii has already outgrown a 48x24 foot print. I housed a 9-10" in the same tank once, he really could have used more room at that size.
This is a 120g grow out tank. He will be going into a suitable tank soon after.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
This is a 120g grow out tank. He will be going into a suitable tank soon after.
He’s saying a 12” dovii is already too big for the grow out tank. A grow out tank needs to be bigger than that. Why not wait until you have the bigger tank? Or get a smaller fish. Parachromis are pretty fast growers.

dgmotors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2022
He’s saying a 12” dovii is already too big for the grow out tank. A grow out tank needs to be bigger than that. Why not wait until you have the bigger tank? Or get a smaller fish. Parachromis are pretty fast growers.
You are correct. I am jumping the gun in hopes of finding a beast but not having the other tank ready. I have contacted a local hatchery that has beautiful 5-6” male and females. I will start there and get the bigger tank.

Reactions: HybridFinatic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store