F1 Titanium Kamfa

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Water;5003350; said:
You just call it a Flowerhorn or my fry from a ? X ? lol. You can't use f1,f2,f3 for hybrids lol.
Yes you can actually. The way how flowerhorn breeding generation works is another story from wild caught fish. Flowerhorn is all about project if you want to do a breeding, and keeping track of which generation it is helps you achieve what you want or reduce the chance of deformity in such standards. Here is an example...

Dad x Mom = F1
Dad x F1 = F2
F2 x Mom = F3
F2 x F3 = F4
F3 x F4 = F5
F3 x F5 = F6

Usually the 7th generation will throw out a lot of deformed fish that is not tolerated in the standard quality and will be culled. Therefore, the 7th generation must be bred into another fish out there and start off with F1 again if you want a new project. This is how it runs in the flowerhorn line of breeding, and it plays a whole different game from wild caught fish where anything in the wild will be considered as F0. ;)

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
BIG_ONE;5003759; said:
Yes you can actually. The way how flowerhorn breeding generation works is another story from wild caught fish. Flowerhorn is all about project if you want to do a breeding, and keeping track of which generation it is helps you achieve what you want or reduce the chance of deformity in such standards. Here is an example...

Dad x Mom = F1
Dad x F1 = F2
F2 x Mom = F3
F2 x F3 = F4
F3 x F4 = F5
F3 x F5 = F6

Usually the 7th generation will throw out a lot of deformed fish that is not tolerated in the standard quality and will be culled. Therefore, the 7th generation must be bred into another fish out there and start off with F1 again if you want a new project. This is how it runs in the flowerhorn line of breeding, and it plays a whole different game from wild caught fish where anything in the wild will be considered as F0. ;)

:iagree:

fl_tropicalfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2009
st.Petersburg
BIG_ONE;5003759; said:

Dad x Mom = F1
Dad x F1 = F2
F2 x Mom = F3
F2 x F3 = F4
F3 x F4 = F5
F3 x F5 = F6

So, what if i cross back to any of RDFH or KF Female it also be a F2 or?
but thank you educate me......lol

loureyes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Do you have any pics of the rest of that batch? There is a guy up here in my town that says he has the same combo I wanna see other growouts to compare the two

fl_tropicalfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2009
st.Petersburg
loureyes;5004082; said:
Do you have any pics of the rest of that batch? There is a guy up here in my town that says he has the same combo I wanna see other growouts to compare the two
I only have 3 left, but he other 2 looked female to me. I'll get they picture later..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store