Fahaka compared to Rudolfianus

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
I got him from petco for $20, but I was there 2 hours earlier and there were a few of them and when I went back(to pick up a Jardini aro) 2 hours later there were only 2 puffers left. So I’m just hoping they haven’t had them long.

djbvaranus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2012
Orange County NY
I never buy anything from petco, but this Jardini they had looked pretty good, this is the same petco I USED to buy saltwater fish from 8-10 years ago when I was big into the salty side of things. All we can do is see what happens at this point !

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I got him from petco for $20, but I was there 2 hours earlier and there were a few of them and when I went back(to pick up a Jardini aro) 2 hours later there were only 2 puffers left. So I’m just hoping they haven’t had them long.
While some Petco’s im sure are bad, they are probably not as bad as some of the LFS here that really pile their stock on top of each other and have them sit like that for weeks if not months sometimes...

But the point i was trying to make is that small fahakas tend to most likely be stunted when they refuse to grow rather than being the rarer sub-species Rudolfinaus...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
He’s probably 1”-1.25” so I’m HOPING it’s not stunted.
If after say 2-3 months he hasnt even grown 1” then i’d worry...

Otherwise i would say as long as hes putting on close to 1” per month you should be good...

Naturally, good diet and clean water with adequate tank size also helps...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store