Fahaka Puffer Fry

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
For fahakas growth rate at 1” in size expect about 1” - 1.5” of growth per month till around 12”...

Food should consist of crunchy foods but supplemented with good quality pellet for more well rounded diet...

Young puffers i would feed till their belly is round but not overly buldging, then wait a day or two and feed again / or if the belly looks a bit flat then feed again before the time is up....

As adults i would feed maybe 2-3x a week, again until they have a round belly but not overly buldging...

Also fahakas tend to be wild caught so i would QT your puffer and deworm first, then from there get it eating a variety of foods...

Finally as for tankmates its always been hit and miss, i’ve heard of some people having peaceful fahaka communities only to end uo having their puffer turn on tankmates out of the blue anywhere from 1yr to after 10yrs of being housed with the same tankmates...

So if you go that route, do so at your own risk and be sure to have a backup plan for immediate emergencies such as attacked tankmates...

Anyway, what size tank are you putting your puffer in and what sort of decor you adding in there???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store