fahaka tankmates

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
I don't think you will get away with haveing any slow tankmates with your fahaka. I tryed putting a 13in gar in with my 6in mbu and and he did some nasty damage to it. You would be suprised what they can do. If he goes after your RD he may do some fatal damage.

The only thing I have been able to keep with my mbu is fast swimming tetras, and he still catches them on occasion.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
You might have better luck if you try to socialize them with larger fish at a young age. Problem is, that the fahakas are slow and docile (other than their bite) and will get picked on by alot of the other fish that could hang with them.

Large fast moving fish are your best bet, especially in schools.. It can be discouraging to them.

I had success raising mine with some Albino Tinfoil barbs for some time, but at one point I had to shuffle some fish around and when I tried to re-introduce them he ate them all almost immediately.

The fast moving fish have to be well-settled and schooling first before you can add the puffer.

Giant Danios and Silver Dollars could also be candidates, the bigger the school, the better.

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
i think loaches would work just because they are next to impossible to catch

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
That would be an interesting tank! 20 clown loaches zipping around the tank as a 16" fahaka chases them...

flowerfan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
my 8" fahaka had damage my 14" red devil. Eventully I had to took it out before it kill very thing.

focker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2006
usa
well i can get the exodons for 2.00 a piece . so maybe i could try 10 of them. even if they lasted a year that would be ok.

skillzdatkillz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2006
somwhere
that would be cool a fahaka with some exos. My first thought is that exos would go after the fahaka, but I could be and am prolly wrong.

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
skillzdatkillz;490082; said:
that would be cool a fahaka with some exos. My first thought is that exos would go after the fahaka, but I could be and am prolly wrong.
they probly would try but ...after a while they might realize that the closer they get to the fahaka they closer they get to dying:naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store