Fair asking price for tank setup?

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Well mine is handmade cherry done by a guy that only makes them for wet pets and mine was the very first one of it's model it was on display at the shop you normally have to wait on waiting list and it normally takes at least a month to have him make one all hand carved
Would care to show some pictures of your setup? I'd love to see the cherry stand

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I agree that as soon as anything aquarium related is sold when brand new will depreciate significantly. How much, imo does depend on the specifics such as brand, how it was made and materials. Moreover, "in good condition" for one person can be ready to throw out for another from what I see.

I've seen some used 120g rimless tanks with 1/2" starphire that I can see paying $300 for the tank itself and I thought was in "good condition".

Of course we're generalizing with our suggested pricing for basic made tanks here with basic equipment.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
The price on my 150g, stand and glass lids was $400 on CL. I see most go for around that. I wouldn't pay more considering I can get a new 125g, tank, stand and glass lids for $600 at Petsmart. Unfortunately they never have anything larger. A LFS has new 180g, stand and lids for $1,300.

dalto

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2017
Canopies cost silly money new. If I had the woodworking skill, the tools and the patience I would make them myself.

I bet the canopy on the tank pictured above cost well over $1000. A plain canopy with a flip top for a 75g tank costs around $400.

$1000 for those corals is pretty terrible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store