Fat Sleeper Goby

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
Thoughts on a fat sleeper goby in an eight foot 240 gallon with a red tail giant gourami, black shark, and six bar distichodus? No current aggression issues and the dithers/catfish are ignored.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sizes of everything? And what exact species are you talking about? I think the black shark will cause you problems.

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
Sizes of everything? And what exact species are you talking about? I think the black shark will cause you problems.
Still on the smaller size, I'm trying to get all my monsters together while they're small so I have a better chance of them cohabiting peacefully.

Distichodus sexfasciatus - 8"
Osphronemus laticlavius - 7"
Labeo chrysophekadion - 5"

For the dormitator maculatus I'd like to get one smaller as they're a very fast growing fish.

My dithers are dawkinsia filamentosa, sahyadria denisonii, crossocheilus reticulatus, and an epalzeorhynchos frenatum that shoals with everyone. Catfish are pimelodus pictus and synodontis petricola. I'm not too concerned with the smaller 6" guys because they're fast fish in an 8' aquarium with plenty of driftwood, rock work, and anacharis. The rtgg and black shark have been in with these fish since they were 1" and the sexfasciatus is much more recent but has been thus far good.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
alot of similar looking species with the black and red tail shark. Might run into trouble there. The jade goby ime doesn't grow to fast and isn't to aggressive or predatory. Don't know much bout gg, don't believe theyre generally to bad but it's one of those case to case things where you can have a bad one or a good one. I still only think you'll have to worry about the black shark. Arapaimag had one in his large 50,000 gallon and it killed much larger rtc and still caused havoc.

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
alot of similar looking species with the black and red tail shark. Might run into trouble there. TheI'e goby ime doesn't grow to fast and isn't to aggressive or predatory. Don't know much bout gg, don't believe theyre generally to bad but it's one of those case to case things where you can have a bad one or a good one. I still only think you'll have to worry about the black shark. Arapaimag had one in his large 50,000 gallon and it killed much larger rtc and still caused havoc.
Well the rainbow shark and black shark currently are sharing a hide and have no issues, but I'm keeping an eye in things as the black shark grows. I'll take caution though after hearing that story with the etc, that's insane!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store