Favorite cichlid hybrid?

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
I'm not very partial to flowerhorns personally, but I love crosses of purebreed cichlids. I've seen some absolutely beautiful texas x JD crosses and texas x managuense crosses. I'll post pics of a couple camera shots I've accumulated from others on fish forums when I get home later tonight. This leads me to think JDs and Texas provide the best crosses, though I would speculate that a synspilum or bifasciatum crossed with a non-vieja specie would be quite a looker, if I were to ever run into one.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
heh I can imagine that... redefining the legendary 'red dovii' :D Did he grow any of them out to an appreciable size? A shame there's no pics of such a combo.

largemouth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2004
Massachusetts
Caveman said:
He grew one out to about 8-9" but he made the mistake of mixing it with a larger Trimac and Urophthalmus.
That sucks, I would have liked to see some pics of that cross. Right now I am trying to get a friend of mine to cross a male festae with a female red tiger motaguense...I think it would be pretty cool.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
As sick as it sounds, I like bloodparrots...I am not a big fan of hybrids but I like these ugly freaks for some reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store