Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

Parrotsrule

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2012
United States
Oops. I went to the LFS and the lady there said that a female pink convict was crossed with a red severum because it had red on it

I don't even think its possible for severums to hybridize outside of their genus.

Slick Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
In a house
My fun one from today. Lady comes over with a bottle of Stress-coat in her hands. Asks for the other stuff that goes with it. I ask the name and she says she doesn't remember. I ask what color is the bottle, she can't remember. It's that brown stuff that you put in with Stress coat to get rid of water impurities and we are the only ones that sell it. I start mentioning different brands to which the reply is always no. She starts getting mad because I don't know the name of something that she has no clue of. I mention that the Stresscoat is a water conditioner an removes chlorines a chloramines. She replies that it isn't enough. Her fish alm ost died without it and with it has kept her carnival goldfish, who is about 6-7 inches going by her measurements, alive for 7 years in a 10 gallon tank. At this point I just had to walk away. But if anybody knows what this wonder chemical is, please let me know. I have a 29 just begging for a pacu.
If its brown it is for ich the natural ingredients I think it's made by kordon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Bumping up, LETS GET MORE STORIES
Its been almost 3 years but ill get another one going

This little girl 7 or so, is tapping on a tank of leopard danios, so i tell her to stop (was at lfs for stability and flourish) then she goes away but 5 mins later i hear a loud bump then screaming. I walk over and there the girl is screaming the fishies attacked her...

Turns out she hit the tank and 6 or 7 danios jumped ship and were lying on the floor so i pick them up quickly and drop them in a spare tank just in case they get sick. This girl then ran to her parents who were on the other end of the store and i informed them and the owner what happended. The parents apologised and the owner thanked me and said he'll watch them.

Anyone got more stories to share, without arguing

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Wow totally forgot a out this thread, and just to keep the thread going...

The other day was out buying plants for my tank and overherd 2 young guys talking; seemed 1 of them was helping the other setup a tank...

And the new guy was asking him about all these different fish, and the "experienced" guy was pointing out all the fish he had kept...

Finally as the conversation went on, i heard him say, yeah, im a great fish keeper, all my fish lived for at least a year before dying!

At that point i could only shake my head and leave...

BillyMaysChickenWings

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2020
I have a very embarrassing story regarding a lungfish from a little after college. Don't feel comfortable posting it here yet... But... It's bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store