Favorite music?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I personally listen to a good amount of things from the 50s through the 80s such as
Frank Sinatra
Paul Anka
Santo & Johnny
The Beach Boys
Jim Croce
Harry Belafonte
Bee Gees
ABBA
The Doobie Brothers
Kenny Loggins
But my favorites have to be from the beach boys and doobie brothers.
I also find my self occasionally listening to things from the early 2000s in remembrance of the childhood I'll never get back.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn and Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I personally listen to a good amount of things from the 50s through the 80s such as
Frank Sinatra
Paul Anka
Santo & Johnny
The Beach Boys
Jim Croce
Harry Belafonte
Bee Gees
ABBA
The Doobie Brothers
Kenny Loggins
But my favorites have to be from the beach boys and doobie brothers.
I also find my self occasionally listening to things from the early 2000s in remembrance of the childhood I'll never get back.
Very good list.
My favorite songs come from the late 70s to early 90s. Best being Billy Joel.
I also love listening to movie soundtracks, Star Wars, Marvel, etc.

Reactions: FJB

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Very good list.
My favorite songs come from the late 70s to early 90s. Best being Billy Joel.
I also love listening to movie soundtracks, Star Wars, Marvel, etc.
Forgot to put Billy Joel on my list. Speaking of lists, hall and oates is also up there for me.
for context and interest you should also post your age.

Reactions: Deadeye

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol at the Doobies! I initially thought Doobie was their last names :uhoh:

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I will post some of my favourites later but I think for context and interest you should also post your age. I think it will be interesting to see the demographics of taste too.
Where are you Backfromthedead Backfromthedead ? I think we have similar tastes in tunes.
I'm 31 and Anglo-Saxon. I frequented local metal shows in my yourh, later got into the rave scene. Unfortunately since I've had to take on adult responsibilitiess these last 10 years i dont get out to see shows very often , and the current state of things has only made it worse. Last show i managed to get to was a stellar koorpiklaani show in november 2019.

I just feel so bad for the kids of our day and age, bereft of having thee incredible experiences I had with music and concerts when I was that age. A long lasting effect of this so called crisis willl be it's stifling nature towards culture. Or at least the culture of the old world. What are you kids doing If not raging every weekend at high energy field parties and weekend festivals? Anyways, i digress.

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I'm 31 and Anglo-Saxon. I frequented local metal shows in my yourh, later got into the rave scene. Unfortunately since I've had to take on adult responsibilitiess these last 10 years i dont get out to see shows very often , and the current state of things has only made it worse. Last show i managed to get to was a stellar koorpiklaani show in november 2019.

I just feel so bad for the kids of our day and age, bereft of having thee incredible experiences I had with music and concerts when I was that age. A long lasting effect of this so called crisis willl be it's stifling nature towards culture. Or at least the culture of the old world. What are you kids doing If not raging every weekend at high energy field parties and weekend festivals? Anyways, i digress.
I know exactly what you mean, i used to love festivals and going to gigs. In my travelling days I worked at the glastonbury and reading festivals in the U.K. It was the best fun I could have had back then. I took my 5 year old to a small local festival here just before lockdown. It was small and the bands werent very good but she loved the vibe which was a good sign.
Im not sure if big festivals will be profitable if/when we recover from covid. I cant see anything on the scale of glastonbury or lolapalooza happening for a long time. Poor young dudes will have to be content with sharing spotify playlists of cardi B and playboy cardi.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store