Favorite Red Belly Piranha Food?

BuBBles420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2018
What would you recommend feeding 2-4 inch RBPs? Mine love feeders but are reluctant to take other foods and I don't want to continue using feeders due to the health risks.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
What would you recommend feeding 2-4 inch RBPs? Mine love feeders but are reluctant to take other foods and I don't want to continue using feeders due to the health risks.

Tilapia will be a safe and cheaper alternative. Also getting them to eat pellets.

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
you can use frozen smelt, feed it whole, has all the scales, bones, etc all the good stuff.
shrimp also works

Reactions: tlindsey

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Thawed krill, raw shrimp and smelt works best for piranhas of all sizes.

Sacrifice03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2018
STL
Tilapia and Shrimp have always been staples in my tanks. If possible get them to eat the shrimp with shell on when they get a bit bigger. It's good for them and it makes it easier preparation for you.

Zekeyy16

Feeder Fish
Feb 1, 2019
Random question because i cant post yet, recently aquired a rbp that is 3 yrs old. hes in a 55 g tank with the water being 84 degrees. he hasnt eaten in 6 days. the lady i got him from had 6 comet goldfish with him. yes i know goldfish is no bueno but shes had him for 3 years i figured hed be used to it but nothing not even a nibble. i understand having a piranha is a whole nother ball game but im excited. the water is fine no debris on the soil i used and 50% of his water is the water she had with him. he seems happy his breathing is normal, he is missing some teeth i guess. How long do i have to be patient for . someone said their fish went 2 weeks before, what is a dry spell and how can i identify it?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store