FEATHER FIN CATFISH

CATFROG

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2019
Hi we have a 13 year old featherfin catfish and please see pic. He / she is in a 165L tank with a clown loach, a small cory, baby bristlenose and a few neons, scissortail. water seems ok, nitrate a little high, heating at 28c. anyone have any ideas what could be wrong and what to do?
he/she is eating but seems to be getting a bit skinny at the same time.

seems to grow a bit each day too.

20191130_104027 1.jpg

20191130_103959.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Could be internal parasites. How long has it been like this? I’d suggest moving the temp down to 76-78. Reduce the nitrates to as low as possible. Dosing some levamisole and triple sulfa for the wound.

CATFROG

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2019
Sorry for the delay. It started a couple of weeks back and it gets worse by the day. Have tried melafix and did the recommend water change. Still grew. Have it on pimafix now 3 days in and it is still growing. Should I do what you recommended? I'm novice. This has happened before but has healed when I have done the above. Not this time. TIA.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry for the delay. It started a couple of weeks back and it gets worse by the day. Have tried melafix and did the recommend water change. Still grew. Have it on pimafix now 3 days in and it is still growing. Should I do what you recommended? I'm novice. This has happened before but has healed when I have done the above. Not this time. TIA.
Finish what ur doing and reassess after. Make sure it’s putting weight on as well. Looks very thin. If not better then do what i mentions and hope it works.

CATFROG

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2019
Thank you sooo soo much. He is too thin for my liking. Do you happen to know where in western Australia we can buy the levamisole? Have the sulfur tablets. Would you recommend doing 25% water change now and treat the tank as you have suggested?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thank you sooo soo much. He is too thin for my liking. Do you happen to know where in western Australia we can buy the levamisole? Have the sulfur tablets. Would you recommend doing 25% water change now and treat the tank as you have suggested?
Not sure where in Australia. I’ve bought levamisole from eBay.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store