MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I live in southeast asia and multiple species of small crabs are available. I was wondering if I could feed them to my monster fish. RTC, nile perch, gar, arowana, arapaima, fresh water stingray rays. I know that crayfish are nile pearches staple diet so I wanted to supplement them with c

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Here's a picture of the crabs from the supplier. (They are about 2 inches across not including the legs)

1618986348075.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It’s ok as an occasional treat. Shouldn’t be the main staple but that’s imo.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
As kno4te kno4te says not as the only diet. A good quality pellet should be the main diet.
Are the crabs freshwater or saltwater? Are they alive or dead? The reason I ask is that you could introduce a parasite or illness if it's freshwater and alive. If it's been frozen and it's freshwater or can be frozen any parasite should be dead or killed in the freezing. Salt water parasites don't usually transition to fresh water so they should be ok to feed occasionally.

In the wild rays eat crustaceans, so I think they would be fine with the crabs for sure.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store