Nov 12, 2007
india

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I never knew you were a puffer keeper!!! Love your T.Suvatti...

That channa looks pretty sweet, but i thought they were lighter color no?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I never knew you were a puffer keeper!!! Love your T.Suvatti...

That channa looks pretty sweet, but i thought they were lighter color no?
Thanks man, I enjoy quirky behaviour of puffers, I have a T. Miurus as well, will try and find the last video link I took of it.
There's a baileyi on the way too.

The Barca has many regional variants, some are blue some are green and some have orange spots along their lateral line. There has to be more study , but the region being volatile, it's not anything that would happen sooner.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thanks man, I enjoy quirky behaviour of puffers, I have a T. Miurus as well, will try and find the last video link I took of it.
There's a baileyi on the way too.

The Barca has many regional variants, some are blue some are green and some have orange spots along their lateral line. There has to be more study , but the region being volatile, it's not anything that would happen sooner.
I’ve been fortunate enough to have seen 3 seperate speimens in stores over the years, they always had this almost light blue body with an almost metallic type shine to it. They also had some spots on the body with yellowish fins... gorgeous fish but far from cheap at around $28K (HKD) or just under $3.6K (USD) for what i guess looked around 12-14”

-edit-

Btw, i also want to see more of your puffers videos for sure...

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD123 and Matteus

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I’ve been fortunate enough to have seen 3 seperate speimens in stores over the years, they always had this almost light blue body with an almost metallic type shine to it. They also had some spots on the body with yellowish fins... gorgeous fish but far from cheap at around $28K (HKD) or just under $3.6K (USD) for what i guess looked around 12-14”

-edit-

Btw, i also want to see more of your puffers videos for sure...
In late 2016 Barca's became abundant, as most of the fishermen folk came to learn as to how expensive these fish are sold for, my first Barca, I did pay close to 1k USD, but didn't survive 3 months, just died one day.

This one I picked when Barca were abundant and I paid a little less than 400usd

Here's a video of the miurus.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
In late 2016 Barca's became abundant, as most of the fishermen folk came to learn as to how expensive these fish are sold for, my first Barca, I did pay close to 1k USD, but didn't survive 3 months, just died one day.

Makes me miss my old one... especially when they barely cover themselves and think they’ve done such a bang up job lol...

The prices you paid dont sound too bad, then again considering it all still not cheap...

Reactions: DMD123

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh

That’s so funny. Do they eat the rest of the fathead of just the eyes lol.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Makes me miss my old one... especially when they barely cover themselves and think they’ve done such a bang up job lol...

The prices you paid dont sound too bad, then again considering it all still not cheap...
Yeah miurus are awesome fish, but they waste away very quickly, almost like African arowanas, they need regular supply of food.

Yes, in india they aren't that expensive considering they are an indigenous species of our country.

Reactions: Fat Homer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store