Feeding mbuna

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
I have NLS Cichlid formula that I feed my frontosa. My question is whether or not I should buy algae max for the mbuna. I know that the protein source is opposite with the two of them. They're still 1" or smaller variety of mbuna.

Reactions: tlindsey

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
i use reptile multivitamin mixed with some flake food and a little bit of water so its like a paste

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
NLS Cichlid formula is perfect for mbuna. The fronts will be fine on it too, but they could tolerate more protein as well. I feed everyone the 1mm.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have NLS Cichlid formula that I feed my frontosa. My question is whether or not I should buy algae max for the mbuna. I know that the protein source is opposite with the two of them. They're still 1" or smaller variety of mbuna.
Is there any Algae or Spirulina in the NLS Cichlid formula ingredients?

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Whole Antarctic Krill, Whole Herring, Whole Wheat Flour, Algae, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Garlic, Vegetable and Fruit Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Niacin, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stable C), Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride.

Protein is 33% and that is low for a fish food. I have been using this on all my tanks since 2005.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store