Feeding piranha and close call

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
I made this video to show the difference in how outgoing these 3 species of piranha compare to each other, red belly, caribe, piraya, and while filming and being a bit careless the big piraya came extremely close to biting my finger.
To view the video go to the first comment.
2.jpg

greg c

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
nj
Wow! Be careful my friend. Thanks for killing the myth of all Piranha species are skittish.
I've seen people that keep a single red belly and they are a little more outgoing than when they are kept in a school, actually I have noticed when piranha are kept single in a tank they usually are more outgoing, might be because they are not stressed out about another piranha taking a chunk out of them, I do have to be more careful, he definitely surprised me for sure

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I made this video to show the difference in how outgoing these 3 species of piranha compare to each other, red belly, caribe, piraya, and while filming and being a bit careless the big piraya came extremely close to biting my finger.
To view the video go to the first comment.
View attachment 1417301
Dude!!! You’re going to loose a finger!!!

My worst encounter was with saltwater, I had a 10inch Dog faced puffer take the tip of my finger.
Nothing compared to what that piranha could do.
Cool video though, you have some nice fish.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Piraya

Reactions: greg c

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
DMD123 DMD123 told me about a woman who lost the tip of her finger to a fahaka puffer. Ouch

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store