Feeding question

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
I personally think your overfeeding. Once they get lazy about food you know they are either eating too much or something is up. Since I feel like your on the ball with maintenance I am going to say they are well fed and are not hungry. Go a few days without food and see what happens. Or switch up the diet a bit more. add variety never hurts.

Without seeing your tank and fish its super hard to say for sure what is up but my first thought would be chill out with the feeding and let their bellies flatten out for a few days. Keep an eye on their poops too, look for anything weird.

Reactions: Cabinetman 1

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
I personally think your overfeeding. Once they get lazy about food you know they are either eating too much or something is up. Since I feel like your on the ball with maintenance I am going to say they are well fed and are not hungry. Go a few days without food and see what happens. Or switch up the diet a bit more. add variety never hurts.

Without seeing your tank and fish its super hard to say for sure what is up but my first thought would be chill out with the feeding and let their bellies flatten out for a few days. Keep an eye on their poops too, look for anything weird.

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
They don't eat, just starve them. Hahahaha. Helps me out and then it shows their top water action. Hahahaha. I have one Orino who doesn't eat well so he starves then the next feeding, he's all over market shrimp and pellets.
Thanks I will keep that in mind. I would like to get an Orino. When adding new bass to the group should I just make sure they are close to the same size?

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016

T

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
If you want a water storage tank I recommend checking Craigslist for food grade 55gal barrels or 275/330gal totes. I got my 55gal barrels for $10 each and will be picking up a 275 or 330 gallon tote sometime this summer for around $50-70.
Due to a lack of space I can't find one that would work and still hold enough water. But thanks

MorningStar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
SoCal
Thanks I will keep that in mind. I would like to get an Orino. When adding new bass to the group should I just make sure they are close to the same size?
No prob. I'm sure it would matter if there is a size difference but when I got my Kelberis, they were a lot smaller and got punked for a few days but after that, they were ok. This was when they were at 2".

Reactions: Cabinetman 1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store